The Recreation Department provides a variety of community recreation programs for children of all ages and adults. We provide:
- Pool Memberships
- Summer Camps
- After school enrichment programs
- Special events such as the Memorial Day Parade, Fishing Derby & Family Day
Bernardsville Recreation offers a variety of programs for all age groups year round.
The programs vary for the children: After School Enrichment, Basketball, Wrestling, Cartooning Workshops, a wide array of Summer Camps, and much more.
For the adults the programs offered are bus trips to different exciting locations and also we have Senior Theme Parties throughout the year.
Recreation Employment Opportunities
The Bernardsville Borough Recreation Department offers employment opportunities in pool and camp. For additional information, contact the Recreation Office.
- Trick or Treat & Costume Contest - October 30, 2021 @ 3 to 5 p.m.
Bernardsville Train Station
For more information and to register visit www.downtownbernardsville.org/halloween
- Veterans Day Event with Between the Ears - November 14, 2021@ 9 a.m.
Bernardsville Pool Parking Lot
Veteran Suicide Prevention
The Polo Grounds consist of a football field, baseball field, and a multi-purpose field. Currently under construction for additional multi-purpose fields.
Location: From the Rte. 202 Mt. Airy Road intersection travel 1 mile North on Anderson Hill Road. Right onto Seney Drive. Roadway 1/2 mile on Right at School.
Kiwanis consists of 2 Little League playing fields and Peter's Park Playground.
Location: From the Rte. 202 Mt. Airy Road intersection travel 1 mile South on Mt. Airy Road. Right onto Bernards Ave. Left onto Maple Street. Right onto Pine Street.
Claremont consists of a Little League field, Tiny Tot Playground, and the Recreation Field House.
Location: From the Rte. 202 Mt. Airy Road intersection travel North on Anderson Hill Road. Left onto Mine Mt. Road. Left onto Park Lane. Park is at the end of Park Lane.
Rosebowl is a lighted softball field.
Location: From the Rte. 202 Mt. Airy Road intersection travel 1 mile South on Route 202. Field is located after Borough Hall.
To register for Recreation’s Programs and Activities, please go to our Registration System.
Recreational Fields: Policy & Procedures
It is the goal of the Bernardsville Recreation Committee to encourage the usage of its recreational fields for worthwhile, non-profit purposes when such uses do not interfere with the Borough or school-sponsored recreational programs.
The Department of Recreation reserves the exclusive right to determine the eligibility of an organization and to assign a classification and prioritization to any application for the use of fields.
These organizations whose aim and intended use are consistent with the general policy- entitled Terms for Use of Fields – shall be considered eligible and classified as follows:
- Recreation shall be construed as any program sponsored by the Recreation Department.
- School shall be construed to mean any program sponsored by the Somerset Hills School District.
- Community shall be construed to mean an organization whose membership, the majority (50% + 1) of whose membership is domiciled in Bernardsville.
- Area shall be construed to mean an organization whose members reside in neighboring towns and at least 25% are Bernardsville residents.
- Out of Area shall be construed to mean an organization that has less than 25% of its members residing in Bernardsville.
- Any Area or Out of Area group will be required to submit its game/practice schedule to determine its field allocation, which will be based upon its resident ratio.
- Profit Organizations shall be assessed a fee under the following schedule as per Resolution #2000-31: Profit organizations: $200 for every 1 to 2 hrs block.
- Non-Profit Organizations must submit proof of their 501-(c) status.
Field Allocations: Fields will be allocated to the above Community, Area, and Out of Area groups according to percentage of Bernardsville residents.
Equal Opportunity: No applicant shall, be discriminated against and no applicant shall be denied use of the fields on the basis of race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, religion or disability.
Code of Conduct: The Recreation Committee supports sportsmanship on behalf of all involved in events conducted on Borough of Bernardsville property. In accordance with NJ Statutes Chapter 74 of Title 5 (August 25, 2002), applicants are required to submit their Code of Conduct for athletes, parents coaches, and officials addressing their guidelines for verbal threats, physical threats, profanity and initiation of fighting or contact. This should include policies for banning and reinstitution of persons who violate the code of conduct.
Rosters: All team organizations, excluding the schools, must submit team rosters that include names and addresses of all participants along with the field usage request.
Along with rosters, all teams must submit the dates, days, times and field/fields requested. Every organization’s authorized representative must sign and return the form provided that they have read and understand all rules and regulations.
Please submit a Field Request Application along with any required documentation to the Recreation Department, Borough of Bernardsville, Route US 202, PO Box 158, Bernardsville, NJ 07924.