The Housing Office regulates rental properties in the Borough of Bernardsville by certifying landlords are in compliance with the New Jersey State Minimum Housing Standards.
- You can provide your renters with the Truth In Renting Brochure issued from the New Jersey Department of Consumer Affairs.
- For information on the new Lead Paint Inspection Law. https://www.nj.gov/dca/divisions/codes/resources/leadpaint.html Please visit or see the information in the forms and documents section of this page.
- Ensure all rental properties within the borough are registered
- Perform annual inspections to be sure rental units meet the minimum standards for habitability
- Assist tenants and landlords with any issues regarding code requirements for living standards
Question, complaint, or request?
Use the button below to send your message to the Housing department or your elected officials. We'll make sure it reaches someone who can help. Messages are anonymous unless you supply your email for a reply.
An inspection normally takes between 10-30 minutes, depending on the size of the unit and conditions. This does not include if there is a Lead inspection at the same time. This will add approximately 30 minutes.
1 Anderson Hill Rd. Suite 103
(Lower Level to the Library)
Monday-Friday: 7:30am - 4:30pm
Inspections: Monday & Wednesday 9:00am - 12:00pm
Zoning Administrative Coordinator
Housing Inspector & Zoning Code Enforcement Officer
908-766-3000 ext. 119