The Tax Assessor performs complex professional and administrative work, planning,organizing and maintaining the appraisal and assessment of real property in the Borough. Review complaints concerning assessments,plan and organize hearings on reassessments. Conduct residential studies and analysis for annual reassessment on all properties. Assist professional appraisers and consultants with data relative to their work and the Borough. Involvement in legislation effecting assessment procedures, County Board decisions and organizations related to assessment/appraisal practices.
The Tax Assessors Office is also involved in:
- Providing square footage information to appraisers and realtors.
- Assisting homeowners in looking up assessments in the Assessor's Field Book.
- Helping & supporting homeowners during the appeal process when they feel their assessment is to high.
- Handling all calls from concerned new buyers regarding property they are interested in.
- Mailing C-91 forms to all commercial property owners.